So Far, So Good

Friday, May 29, 2009

 

We got to see the baby blob today! Saw the heart beat - it was 178 bpm! Must've been going pretty fast because my heart was thundering away! I guess my uterus is tilted because the doc had a hard time getting a good pic. First she realized I had a full bladder and had me go empty it. So I wrapped myself in that paper cover thingy and went to the bathroom. It was unlocked, but occupied. At least I was in just as awkward a position! Emptied my bladder and went back in the room. It was easier, but still took a minute to get a clear look at the baby blob. The heart beat was beautiful and it measured right on time. We are both quite relieved. G said it's more and more real to him. 


I'm just glad we got that over with! I slept terribly last night with all kinds of anxiety-filled dreams about this u/s. Next week I meet with the nurse to go over all the other important stuff, blood tests, blood pressure, weight, etc. Have no idea when the next u/s is supposed to be. I guess we'll schedule that next week, too. I should put together a list of questions. Yeah. I'll get right on that. Really. 


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you got your first glance at your little one!