My Poor Bren Dog

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

 

I just found out yesterday my poor sweet baby girl has cancer. We have no idea how we're going to pay for the surgeries and stuff, but we'll do whatever we can. Yesterday afternoon I found a lump on her left side underneath her front leg. The lump is about the size of a quarter. The vet had an opening at 5 pm yesterday so I took her on. They biopsied it and sure enough, it's cancer. This morning I found another lump on her head right by her right ear. They're mast cell tumors and these tumors have the ability to release histamines, so we have to give Bren some Benadryl and also Pepcid, but I'm not sure of the reason for the Pepcid.

So anyone who reads, this please think some good thoughts for Bren Dog. She needs all the good vibes she can get.



2 comments:

Milenka said...

Oh, no! *hugs* Many positive thoughts being sent your way, sweetie!

TexanWmn said...

This must be the day for pet problems and ultrasounds. We had to have an ultrasound on our kitty today for an abnormal palpation on his abdomen.

Praying for your dog! Very cute, btw!